Our department has been quite busy the last month as we have fought several fires in the Village. The most serious was a house fire on Griffith Street– pictured here. We received mutual aid assistance from Doyle 1 and 2, Rescue, Bellevue, Southline, UCrest and Forks. Fortunately, no residents or personnel were hurt. Another fire recently occurred in a dryer vent. Before the snow falls, everyone should check their vents and clean out any lint or debris accumulation. As October is Fire Prevention month, it is time to change your smoke and carbon monoxide batteries. Working smoke/CO detectors save lives!